WPI – Faraday Residence Hall
DOC was excited to work again with WPI to expand their Gateway Park campus. This time we partnered with ADD, Inc. to deliver a new residence hall at the Gateway Campus in Worcester, MA.
|Client:||Worcester Polytechnic Institute|
|Designer:||ADD, Inc. (now with Stantec)|
- Fast-track Design/Build schedule saw design begin March 2012, construction begin June 2012 and final completion mid-August 2013.
- New 258-bed, apartment-style residence hall to house upper-class, undergraduate, and graduate students.
- Four-person apartments with full kitchens and living rooms.
- Green space with a plaza and sitting walls.
- Contaminated materials were excavated and transported off-site.
- Passive sub-slab venting system installed as a preventative measure.
- Designed to meet LEED Certification standards.
- DBIA Silver Award for Building Construction, New England Region
Tags: Academic, Design/Build, Dormitory, Massachusetts