Cobble Mountain Surge Tank Replacement
This project involved the replacement of steel hydropower surge tank at the Cobble Mountain Powerhouse in Granville, MA.
|Client:||Springfield Water & Sewer Commission|
|Size:||207 FT tall surge tank|
- Demolition of the existing 207’ tall, 25’ diameter steel standpipe, taken down in sections.
- New 207’ tall replacement surge tank.
- All metals were sorted and recycled as were all masonry materials.
- All materials were tested prior to reclaiming.
- Remediation of lead contaminated soils.
- Excavation required to add concrete under the existing cast-in-place concrete Trifurcation Slab.
- Drilling and grouting fourteen 25’ long anchor bolts into the existing 80 year old foundation.
- Completed 2 months early.
- ACEC/MA Engineering Excellence Awards – Grand Conceptor Award 2001
Tags: GC, Heavy, Hydroelectric, Infrastructure, Massachusetts, Water/Wastewater