Smith College Clark Science Center
This renovation and expansion project included three elements: construction of a new four-story science center and library, extensive renovations to the existing Clarke Science Center (built by DOC in 1955), and construction of an underground tunnel to connect the new facility to adjacent buildings. All buildings remained occupied and operational during construction, requiring DOC to demonstrate sensitivity to the academic schedule while also developing careful logistical plans for student and faculty access and safety. The architect for the project was Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott.
Tags: Academic, CM, Preconstruction, Renovation, Science/Laboratory, Signature Project