Salem State University – Mainstage Theater
Project involved a complete gutting of the existing facility and rebuilding of the theater as part of the Sophia Gordon Center for the Creative and Performing Arts.
|Designer:||Leers Weinzapfel Associates Architects|
- Renovation of the 490-seat audience chamber.
- Stage and scene shop improvements.
- Additional space for rehearsals.
- A lobby/ student lounge, art gallery space, and a 35-person conference room.
- Raised seating, balcony, orchestra pit, and a mainstage floor with hydraulic lift.
- All new MEP/FP Systems throughout the Mainstage Theater portion of the existing building.
- Improvements to the existing building shell, sitework and landscaping.
- Challenging site logistics due to the location of the telecom room for the entire campus housed in the basement of the building.
Tags: Academic, Arts, CM, Massachusetts, Preconstruction, Renovation, Theater