MDC Hartford Aeration & Final Settling Tanks
The project involved construction of two new aeration tanks and two new final settling tanks at the Water Pollution Control Facility in Hartford, CT.
|Designer:||Malcolm Pirnie, Inc.|
- Two new 90’ x 200’ concrete Aeration Tanks.
- Two new 125’ diameter concrete Final Settling Tanks.
- Heavy sitework and concrete
- Earth retention and pile driving.
- Vibration and movement monitoring and control.
- Sheeting driven just feet away from a 40-yr-old 84” concrete pipe carrying final effluent water from the Final Settling Tanks.
- New sluice and knife gates.
- Sludge collection equipment.
- New process piping in the gallery to tie into the existing processes.
- New Variable Frequency Drives and Motor Control Centers for existing RAS.
Tags: Connecticut, GC, Heavy, Infrastructure, Water/Wastewater