Marist College – Student Center and Music Building
The Student Center renovation enhanced the entire building, including the Music Department’s Performing Arts Room and Nelly Goletti Theatre, and an expanded and completely renovated the student Dining Hall.
|Designer:||Robert A.M. Stern Architects|
- Gut renovation of the existing kitchen and servery.
- Extensive MEP upgrades throughout the spaces.
- Enclosure of the existing courtyard.
- Replacement of the original west façade with a curtainwall.
- Installation of a new roof.
- Underpinning at the east wall of the existing building required prior to foundation work on the addition.
- Renovation of a 312 person theatre with upgrades to the seating, audio visual, rigging and lighting systems.
- Exterior veneer clad with field stone.
- Green roofs installed.
- High-performance windows and a thermally-efficient envelope.
- All interior upgrade work completed over a 14 week period during the summer break.
Tags: Academic, Arts, CM, Kitchen/Dining, New York, Preconstruction, Renovation, Theater