John Carroll Water Treatment Plant
This project included the installation of ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment at the John J. Carroll Water Treatment Plant in Marlborough, MA.
|Designer:||CH2MHill (now Jacobs)|
- Twelve new in-line ultraviolet units.
- New HVAC and electrical systems controls.
- Demolition of concrete roofs and baffle walls in the two extended ozone contact chambers.
- Temporary bypass.
- Removal and relocation of existing chemical feed points.
- Temporary sodium hypochlorite feed system.
- Two construction phases allowed the plant to operate at half capacity.
Tags: GC, Heavy, Infrastructure, Massachusetts, Water/Wastewater