Dartmouth College – Hood Museum Renovation & Addition
Renovation and expansion of Dartmouth College’s Hood Museum of Art in Hanover, NH. The job was a combination of newly constructed facilities and restored and updated spaces from the original 1985 Charles Moore building.
|Designer:||Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects|
|Photography:||Michael Moran Studio|
- Demolition of existing building elements, interior renovations, and a steel frame expansion.
- Six new galleries.
- Three new classrooms.
- New ground floor space for meetings, dinners and performances.
- New entrance on the Dartmouth Green opening into a grand atrium space.
- Off-white Danish brick façade.
- New roof which acts as a shading device for windows in the staircase.
- Installation of a 14-sf window in the upper level gallery space.
- Widening of the walkway beneath the museum.
- Upgraded collection storage and curatorial spaces.
- Repaired existing building envelope and HVAC systems.
- Increased museum floor size by 50%.
Tags: Academic, Arts, CM, Museum, New Hampshire, Preconstruction, Renovation