Biosolids Heat Drying Facility, Cumberland, MD
As Design/Builder, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons collaborated with NEFCO (an O’Connell subsidiary) in the design, permitting, construction and operation of this new heat drying facility in Cumberland, Maryland.
|Client:||City of Cumberland, MD|
|Designer:||Tighe & Bond Engineers|
|Capacity:||11 dry tons/day|
- Existing building renovated to receive and process digested sludge from an adjacent complex.
- Single dryer process train.
- Direct-fired, rotary drying system.
- Dual-fueled burner capable of using digester gas and natural gas.
- Dryer exhaust treated by scrubbing, condensing, recirculation and thermal oxidation.
- Design/Build collaboration allowed construction documents to be based on actual procured equipment shop drawings.
Tags: Biosolids, Design/Build, Heavy, Infrastructure, Maryland, Water/Wastewater