Bard College – Fisher Performing Arts Center
Construction of a dramatic new Performing Arts Center for Bard College designed by renowned architect, Frank Gehry.
|Designer:||Frank O. Gehry Architects|
- Facility includes a conventional 1,000 seat theater, a 400 seat black box theater, a concert shell and forestage lift, and full flying systems for scenery.
- Use of CATIA 3D software to develop the shape of Gehry’s building.
- Early use of laser surveying techniques and BIM.
- Geothermal heat pumps fueled by 150 wells provide heat and air conditioning.
- Complex MEP and control systems served by eight separate mechanical equipment rooms.
- 9,600 CY of concrete.
- 1,030 tons of conventional and curved steel.
- 40,000 SF of fir veneer.
- 5,647 stainless-steel shingles covering the roof.
- ACEC NY Diamond Award
- ACEC National Award of Merit
- AISC Ideas2 Award of Merit
- New York Construction News—Best of Awards
Tags: Academic, Arts, CM, Preconstruction, Signature Project, Theater