Amherst College – Pratt Field House
As part of a major renovation to the third-oldest NCAA football playing site in the nation, the project added a 15,000-square-foot field house, grandstands, and track.
|Designer:||Bowie Gridley Architects|
- Addition of a 15,000-sf Field House that included a medical facility (exam, taping and treatment rooms), locker and equipment rooms.
- A new turf football field, track, grandstands (reusing the existing bleachers), 3-story press box and site improvements were constructed.
- Demolition of the existing football field, track, player locker rooms and several miscellaneous storage structures about the site.
- Handicapped accessibility upgrades.
- Renovations to the existing masonry gate structures at the major entrances.
Tags: Academic, Athletic Facility, CM, Historic, Massachusetts, Preconstruction, Renovation