This extensive and complex renovation project of a historic student residence was completed within an extremely short time frame.
- Pipe jacking method throughout the courtyards.
- All new interior walls and finishes.
- Incorporation of life safety and accessibility components.
- Relocation and upgrade of mechanical and electrical systems.
- New roofing and windows.
- New energy efficient features.
- Varied window profiles at each elevation required a customized approach to window design and fabrication.
- Two stories of bearing walls were removed to create auditorium space on the upper floor of Building G.
- Entry to the central courtyards was limited by stone archways, resulting in use of a 350-ton crane to lift all material and equipment over the buildings to access the job site.
- Completed in 14 months.
Tags: Academic, Campus Infrastructure, CM, Dormitory, Historic, Preconstruction, Renovation