UMass Amherst – Studio Arts Building
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons collaborated for the sixth time with the Gund Partnership to build a consolidated facility for the Art Department on the flagship campus.
|Client:||UMass Building Authority|
- Steel framed building with concrete on metal decks.
- V shaped building footprint.
- Curtainwall cube structure as the point in the center of the structure.
- Brick facade precast lintels and sills.
- Sealed concrete floors.
- Exposed ductwork.
- Studio spaces for a wood and metal shop.
- Teaching studios for painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, and welding.
- Numerous exhaust fans to support the various end-user activities.
- Acid neutralization system in the basement.
- Custom built darkroom stainless steel sinks.
- Meeting and gathering spaces with faculty and administrative offices.
Tags: Academic, Arts, CM, Massachusetts, Preconstruction