Located in a densely-populated section of downtown Taunton, this project involved construction of a new Courthouse to serve the District Court, Juvenile Court, Housing Court, and Probate & Family Court.
|Designer:||Leers Weinzapfel Associates Architects|
- Eight new courtrooms.
- Disposal of underground asbestos lines and oil tanks.
- Relocation of existing steam lines and control of groundwater at the basement level of the new building.
- Survey points installed on all adjacent buildings to monitor for any potential vibration or settling damage.
- Complex curtainwall design.
- Tall entry pavilion and plaza joins the new building to the Superior Courthouse.
- Projected louvers control solar gain on the south side.
- Cleft limestone courtroom bar.
- High-efficiency MEP systems.
- LEED Silver
- AIA/AAJ Justice Facilities Review Program Award of Excellence Merit
- Boston Society of Architects Design Awards Honor Award
- DCAMM Excellence Award for Study
Tags: CM, Courthouse, Institutional, Massachusetts, Preconstruction