- Clashes between recessed lighting fixtures, HVAC duct and piping, fire protection pipes and sprinkler heads, sanitary/storm water pipes and all structural components are identified and alleviated to stay on schedule and avoid change orders. Clash detection leads to reduction of claims, a speedier workplace, and allows us to better clarify bid documents before they go to bid. This is where we will save the most money.
- RFI Resolution — Questions, clarifications, and proposed substitutions are brought to the table in an earlier timeframe and are responded to before commitments are made to subcontractors.
- BIM reduces field changes and their impacts, which are the primary drivers of delay and project cost overrun.
- Scheduling — Often referred to as the “fourth dimension,” a BIM with scheduling information allows us to visualize day-by-day progress. The building team can monitor — in advance — an animated version of the planned construction process. Potential contractor conflicts are identified ahead of time, and therefore avoided.
- On any fast-track project, the slightest delay impacts the schedule because work is so tightly interconnected. The risk of NOT using available technology is too great when compared to the impact of a delayed completion.