Construction of a new Engineering, Science and Technology Building at Quinsigamond Community College located in Worcester, MA.
|Designer:||Perry Dean Rogers Partners Architects|
- Logistically complex site with a grade change of approximately 20’ along the north-south axis of the building.
- The three-story building contains offices, wet and dry laboratories, specialized and support spaces, and a 30-seat general classroom.
- Lab space included mechatronics, electronics, biology, chemistry, biotechnology and pre-pharmacy.
- CAD/CAM design studio and QCC’s first Fab Lab for creating prototypes and test design ideas.
- Center hallways lined with large windows looking into the labs.
- Building features energy and water efficient technologies.
- LEED Silver (pending)
Tags: Academic, CM, Preconstruction, Science/Laboratory