The Michael S. Van Leesten Memorial Pedestrian Bridge was built on the existing piers from the old I-195 bridge across the Providence River. It connects downtown Providence with the College Hill and Fox Point neighborhoods.
|Client:||Rhode Island Department of Transportation|
- Cast-in-place wingwalls
- Abutment stems and pier pedestals and bridge decks
- Straight and curved steel plate girders and rolled sections
- Fabricated architectural steel bridge piers
- Timber framing; timber piles
- Micro piles
- IPE timber decks
- Architectural rail systems
- Architectural wanna timber-steel
- Framed fascia panels
- Architectural masonry
- Extensive architectural lighting.
- Site work included: rip rap; precast concrete modular block river walls; grading; and embankment construction.
Tags: Bridge, GC, Heavy, Infrastructure, Rhode Island