Construction of a new dam structure and related appurtenances at the Deans Mill Reservoir and Water Treatment Plant in Palmer, CT.
|Client:||Aquarion Water Company|
|Designer:||Tighe & Bond|
- Reconstruction of the dam structure, spill containment area, water mains, and crest gates.
- Steel sheet cofferdam cells installed to hold back 88 million gallons of reservoir water.
- Construction of a temporary water intake system.
- Sedimentation basin modifications.
- Demolition of the existing dam, distribution building, chemical building and portions of the tailrace and spillway.
Tags: Connecticut, Dam, GC, Heavy, Infrastructure, Water/Wastewater