As part of Northfield Mount Hermon School’s plan to consolidate onto one campus, this project to construct the new Rhodes Arts Center brought all aspects of the visual and performing arts to one centrally located venue.
|Client:||Northfield Mount Hermon School|
- New complex with a 400-seat concert hall.
- End-stage theater with full operating equipment.
- Two dance studios – one of which outfitted as a Black Box theater.
- Studio space for the visual arts program including ceramics, painting, sculpture, and digital and wet labs.
- Practice spaces, choral rooms, faculty offices, and classroom space.
- Brick/precast façade.
- Slate and copper roofing.
- Air-cooled chiller for space cooling.
- Heat exchangers utilize steam from the central heating plant and five variable volume AHUs.
- Energy efficient fluorescent lighting included throughout the building.
- The McRoberts Carillon of bells was disassembled, trucked from Northfield to Mount Hermon, and rehung in the new building over a 10-day period.
- LEED Gold
Tags: Academic, Arts, CM, Massachusetts, Preconstruction, Signature Project, Theater