After 138 years in the same building, DOC and the O’Connell Companies built a new headquarters building in 2017. The new building allowed four of our six companies to operate under one roof: The O’Connell Companies, O’Connell Development Group, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, and Appleton Corporation.
|Client:|| ||The O’Connell Companies|
|Designer:|| ||Amenta Emma Architects |
|Size:|| ||30,000 SF|
Tags: CM, Corporate, Institutional, Massachusetts
- Construction of a new 3-story, energy-efficient facility.
- Open work and meeting spaces for employee interaction, communication, and collaboration.
- A large outdoor patio overlooking the wooded grounds.
- A training/multi-purpose room.
- Fitness area with adjacent showers and lockers.
- The façade is a dark-colored brick with a tall curtainwall atrium.
- All LED light fixtures on occupancy sensors.
- High-efficiency boiler and energy-recovery ventilation.