DOC was on call over the course of one year to service MIT campus-wide by improving infrastructure in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Major components of the work done for the institute include the modernization of several sections of steam and water piping.
|Client:||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
- Located and resolved condensate leakage outside of Kresge Auditorium and at various other sites.
- Reformed gate valves, a sinkhole, and replace several sections of steam, condensate and water main piping.
- 18 foot excavation at the rear of the Cyclotron Building to expose the steam and condensate lines.
- 20 feet of steam and condensate piping removed and replaced.
- Re-worked piping and supports.
- New concrete floor in the manhole.
- Slide-rail trench support systems within the steam line trenches.
- Emergency fire protection line repairs.
- Drainage manhole removal and replacement.
- Catch basin repairs.
- Parking lot reconstruction.
Tags: Academic, Campus Infrastructure, GC, Massachusetts, Utilities