The Student Center renovation enhanced the entire building, including the Music Department’s Performing Arts Room and Nelly Goletti Theatre, and an expanded and completely renovated the student Dining Hall.
|Designer:||Robert A.M. Stern Architects|
- Gut renovation of the existing kitchen and servery.
- Extensive MEP upgrades throughout the spaces.
- Enclosure of the existing courtyard.
- Replacement of the original west façade with a curtainwall.
- Installation of a new roof.
- Underpinning at the east wall of the existing building required prior to foundation work on the addition.
- Renovation of a 312 person theatre with upgrades to the seating, audio visual, rigging and lighting systems.
- Exterior veneer clad with field stone.
- Green roofs installed.
- High-performance windows and a thermally-efficient envelope.
- All interior upgrade work completed over a 14 week period during the summer break.
Tags: Academic, Arts, CM, Kitchen/Dining, New York, Preconstruction, Renovation, Theater