Construction of a 20 million-gallon covered drinking water storage facility to provide higher and more stable water pressures to a large service area in the metropolitan Boston vicinity. This project encompassed a small portion of the rebuilding of the century-old Hultman Aqueduct.
|Designer:||Sverdrup Civil, Inc.|
|Size:||20 Million Gallons|
- Two concrete water storage tanks holding 8 and 12 million gallons.
- Tanks buried below ground, landscaped and covered with meadow grass.
- Extensive blasting and excavation.
- Replacement of a portion of the existing aqueduct leading up to the gatehouse.
- Series of underground piping and concrete valve chambers.
- Installation of 120″, 84” and 60’ diameter piping.
- Cleaning and cement lining of the existing 60″ WASM pipe.
- 25,000 CY of concrete poured overall.
- J/V with Barletta Construction.
Tags: GC, Heavy, Infrastructure, Massachusetts, Water/Wastewater