Located in Salem, MA, this project consolidated five court departments into two adjacent buildings, offering opportunities for shared resources and building efficiencies. The new building houses the Superior Court, District Court, Juvenile Court, Housing Court, and Probate & Family Court. A total of 11 new courtrooms provide fully-accessible judicial facilities that meet current national court standards. As part of the project, the historic First Baptist Church was relocated and renovated to serve as a new Law Library.
- Study & Project Designer – Goody Clancy & Associates
- LEED Silver Certificate
- Reconfiguration of traffic patterns on North & Bridge Streets
- Reconstruction of North & Bridge Streets, the west traffic ramp, and removal of the East traffic ramp
- Moving of the existing First Baptist Church to a new location on site where it will be renovated for use as a Law Library (connected to the new building).
- Demolition of three houses and the rear portion of the church
Tags: CM, Courthouse, Historic, Institutional, Massachusetts, Preconstruction