Located in Salem, MA, this project consolidated five court departments into two adjacent buildings, offering opportunities for shared resources and building efficiencies. The new building houses the Superior Court, District Court, Juvenile Court, Housing Court, and Probate & Family Court.
|Designer:||Goody Clancy & Associates|
- Granite façade and complex curtainwall design.
- Eleven new courtrooms with fully-accessible judicial facilities.
- Thirty-three detainee cells.
- Jury Pool and Grand Jury room.
- District Attorney’s offices and administrative offices.
- Green roof and rainwater collection system.
- Relocation of the historic, 1100 ton, First Baptist Church approximately 150 feet southwest.
- First Baptist Church renovated to serve as a Law Library connected to the new building.
- Demolition of three houses and the rear portion of the church.
- Reconfiguration of traffic patterns on North & Bridge Streets.
- LEED Silver
- Justice Facilities Review Award, AIA/Academy of Architecture for Justice
- Preservation Award (Law Library), Historic Salem, Inc.
- DCAMM Honor Award
Tags: CM, Courthouse, Historic, Institutional, Massachusetts, Preconstruction