As part of SWSC’s broader system improvement program, this project involved rehabilitation of the antiquated systems at the Indian Orchard Pump Station in Springfield, MA.
|Client:||Springfield Water & Sewer Commission|
|Designer:||MWH Americas Inc.|
- Complete gutting of pumping and mechanical systems in the pump station.
- Four new 550 HP wet weather pumps.
- Two new 330 HP dry weather pumps.
- New 20,000 gallon surge tank.
- Bypass System developed to take the active pump station off line.
- Temporary septage facility installed during bypass.
- New electric room housing variable frequency drives and switch gear.
- Approx. 2,000 feet of 24-inch gravity sewer.
Tags: GC, Heavy, Infrastructure, Massachusetts, Water/Wastewater