Harvard University – Maxwell-Dworkin Hall
This building was a new computer science and electrical engineering building located in Harvard’s North Yard completed on a fast-track basis to meet its Fall opening deadline.
- Earth retention systems included a full sheet cofferdam, and local dewatering to reconcile ground water levels at eighteen below grade.
- Specialized sun shade system affixed to the South side of the building.
- Computer science and electrical engineering technology.
- Sophisticated MEP systems.
- Three-story elevated bridge to connect the new building and existing complex.
- Building was developed thanks to Microsoft’s Bill Gates and Steve Balmer who decided to name the building their mothers’ maiden names: Maxwell (Bill Gates’ mom) and Dworkin (Steve Balmer’s mom).
Tags: Academic, CM, Massachusetts, Preconstruction, Science/Laboratory