Replacement of turbine Unit #2, originally installed in 1904, at the Gardner Falls Hydroelectric Facility located on the Deerfield River in the town of Buckland, MA.
|Client:||Essential Power Massachusetts LLC|
- Support of excavation system and underpinning systems.
- Excavation support system consisted of drilled-in minipiles and timber lagging.
- New 72″ diameter steel tailrace pipe.
- Removal of damaged pipe sections.
- Concrete demolition.
- New concrete slab at the generator floor.
- Removal of two temporary steel bulkheads.
- Site grading and seeding on the exterior of the powerhouse.
Tags: GC, Heavy, Hydroelectric, Infrastructure, Massachusetts