This project consisted of upgrades to Rhode Island’s largest wastewater treatment facility in order to reduce the total amount of nitrogen discharged into Narragansett Bay.
|Client:||Narragansett Bay Commission|
- New Integrated Fixed Film Activated Sludge (IFAS) process for Nitrification.
- Aeration tanks subdivided into a series of aerated and anoxic zones.
- New admin/operation, screening and caustic building.
- Replacement of four 96” screw lift pumps.
- Replacement of nine high-speed turbo blowers.
- Upgrades to plant water and primary/secondary clarifiers.
- Upgrades to grit handling facilities.
- Gravity thickeners upgrades.
- Largest application of the IFAS biological wastewater treatment process in the world at the time.
- LEED Silver (Admin Building)
- CMAA Infrastructure Project of the Year Award
Tags: GC, Heavy, Infrastructure, Rhode Island, Water/Wastewater