Construction of a new Health & Wellness Center addition to the Bunker Hill Community College in Charlestown, MA to support nurse education and health profession students.
|Designer:||DiNisco Design Partnership|
- Precast concrete piles and structural steel framing.
- Recycled steel in the structural frame.
- Interior construction included instructional spaces, laboratories, a competitive gymnasium and fitness center.
- Laboratory space included respiratory therapy, ultrasound, x-ray, medical imaging and nursing.
- Integrated the use of fly ash and slag in the walls to minimize the amount of cement required.
- Recycled rubber and plastic installed for bathroom partitions.
- LEED Gold
- Project was the State’s vanguard use of mandatory BIM as applied to all future DCAMM projects.
Tags: Academic, Athletic Facility, CM, Healthcare, Massachusetts, Preconstruction