Construction of a new multi-use facility off Route 146 in Worcester, MA to house the Blackstone Gateway Visitor Center and the DCR Regional Headquarters.
- Construction of the new facility including a visitor welcome area, exhibition and instructional space, and office space for DCR.
- Reclaimed brick lines much of the building’s exterior.
- Reclaimed wood flooring interior.
- Solar panels atop the event pavilion installed to provide 75-80% of the center’s energy needs.
- Steel hopper installed at the rear of the building to burn wood pellets and heat the building.
- Interactive exhibits highlight the history of the Blackstone River Valley.
- New truss-style pedestrian bridge over the Middle River, connecting the new Visitor Center to the Blackstone Bike Path.
- The bridge spans the only place in Worcester where the historic Blackstone Canal is open and visible.
Tags: Bridge, GC, Institutional