This project involved construction of the Center for the Advancement of Public Action (CAPA) complex for Bennington College, consisting of three small buildings.
|Designer:||Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects|
- The largest structure totals 10,000 sq-ft. It houses classrooms, conference space, lounges, and kitchen facilities.
- The small conference space is equipped with broadcasting and recording capabilities, and includes a residence facility
- The final building (The Lens) is a flexible room for seminars, performances, andmeditation.
- Building facades are clad in recycled Vermont marble.
- Marble originates from the same quarries used to construct some of our nation’s most important civic institutions, including the Library of Congress, the US Naval Academy, and Arlington National Cemetery.
- Construction Time Lapse Video
Tags: Academic, CM, Preconstruction, Vermont