The Greenway Dormitories are broken down into four structures with a total area of 110,000 gsf, providing 300 beds of undergraduate housing for Amherst College.
|Designer:||Kyu Sung Woo Architects|
- Four new cast-in-place concrete flat slab structures.
- Buildings range in height from 4-6 stories, with typical floor-to-floor heights of 9 feet.
- Connected by elevated bridges surrounding a central outdoor space.
- Concrete poured for all four buildings in 5 months.
- Radiant tubing installed slabs to conduct heating and cooling.
- Re-routing of water, sewer, high voltage electric, steam and chilled water lines out of the footprint.
- Tie-in lines to adjacent buildings.
- Roughly 3-foot layers of special soils.
- New basketball and volleyball courts, BBQ pit, Black Locust bleachers and a basking rock.
- Fixed solar shade, abundant daylighting and controls.
- High performance envelope.
- Natural ventilation and heat recovery systems.
- Stormwater “gardens” and a rooftop rainwater collection system.
Tags: Academic, Campus Infrastructure, CM, Dormitory, Massachusetts, Preconstruction